That sounds too good to be true, doesn't it? Well it's not! I've had the seal of approval from my most trusted Hobnob eaters. If you look the ingredients in a Hobnob, they're really not that difficult to re-create, with a tweak here and there to make it Free From... everything!
Makes 1 large biscuit base or 1 small biscuit base and sides
160g nuts, roasted - favourites are almonds, cashews and macadamias - a combination of all or singular will work
120g GF oats, toasted
4tbsp coconut oil
8 medjool dates, pitted
Pinch Himalayan/sea salt
You will need: a food processor and a loose bottomed tin
- Preheat the oven to 160C.
- Line the bottom of the tin with greaseproof paper.
- Place the nuts in a roasting tray and roast. Almonds take approx. 8 minutes. Macadamias and cashews approx. 3-5 minutes, or until golden brown. Keep an eye as the macadamias can catch and burn very quickly.
- Toast the oats in a dry pan on a medium heat for 5-7, tossing throughout. Again, you are looking to reach golden brown.
- Place the nuts, oats, coconut oil, dates and salt in a food processor and blitz until you are left with a medium crumb that sticks together when pressed between two fingers.
- Empty the mix into the tin and smooth with the back of a metal spoon. if you are making a smaller crust with sides, as you are smoothing, work the mixture up the sides of the tin to create walls. Keep going until you are left with a smooth surface and compact, level walls. The base and walls should be no more than 1cm thick.
- Place in the fridge to set - this should take about 30 minutes.