This is the perfect dish to prepare in bulk and eat throughout the week during the summer. You won't be able to stop eating it... trust me!
8 large carrots
2 red onions
1 heaped tsp cumin seeds
1/2tsp ground coriander
pinch sea salt
Cracked black pepper
1/2 head cauliflower
3 handfuls sultanas
Bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped, stalks included
2-3 handfuls cashews
Zest 1 lemon
Generous pinch sea salt and cracked black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 170C
- Slice the carrots diagonally and then in half, lengthways. Peel, trim and cut the onions into wedges. Place both in a roasting tray and drizzle generously with olive oil. Season with the spices, salt and pepper. Roast for 50mins - 1hr or until soft and caramalised. Toss once or twice throughout.
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa according to the packet instructions. Drain and leave in the pan with the lid on.
- Toast the cashews in the oven until golden brown.
- Blitz the cauliflower in a food processor until it resembles rice.
- Remove the carrots and onions when cooked. Remove the lid from the quinoa and fluff with a fork. Add the quinoa to the warm carrots along with the cauliflower, sultanas, cashews, fresh coriander and lemon zest. Toss to combine.
- Test and season to taste.
- Serve warm or cold.