This recipe is more of a guide – make this frittata with whatever herbs and green vegetables you have to hand. It’s perfect warm, straight out of the oven or picked from the fridge when you’re on the go.
3 bunches fresh, soft herbs. This one is 2 x dill and 1 x parsley
1 bunch spring onions
2 handfuls frozen peas
Sea salt and cracked black pepper
You will need: an ovenproof frying pan or skillet
- Preheat oven to 170C
- Finely chop the herbs and slice the spring onions.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl.
- Add the herbs, spring onions, peas and seasoning to the eggs and stir to combine.
- Heat a generous glug of olive oil in a medium frying pan.
- Pour the egg mixture into the frying pan and cook over a low-medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and cook for a further 7-10 minutes, or until the egg has set and the top is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven; allow to cool for a couple of minutes before turning out onto a plate (and then flipping to good side up). The bottom should be darker brown than the top.
- Serve with some red kraut, fresh parsley and a green salad.