Going to the cinema used to mean three scoops of Ben & Jerry's with hot chocolate fudge sauce. I almost looked forward to that as much as I did the film, it was tradition (it's only occurred to me now that that's the reason I would spend the remainder of the film with the shakes)! Now that I avoid that counter like the plague, I need to come prepared with my own snacks - the crunchier and noisier the better!
This recipe is really only a guideline - there's no limit to the flavours you could create or the beans/seeds used... go wild!
Makes snacks for 2
1x400g can beans of choice (butter beans photographed)
Extra Virgin olive oil
Himalayan/Sea salt and cracked black pepper
Seasoning of choice (nori photographed)
2 palms full seeds of choice (pumpkin & sunflower photographed)
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Drain and rinse the beans. Place in a roasting tray along with a drizzle of olive oil, the salt, pepper and seasoning. Toss/stir to coat.
- Roast for approx. 1hr - 1.30hrs, or until the beans are completely dry and crunchy.
- Add the seeds to the roasting tray and toss/stir to coat and combine.
- Roast for a further 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before transferring to an airtight container.