You've got a group of friends coming over but one of them doesn't drink alcohol and isn't a fan of 'pop' (yes, that's me!) You don't want to offer them (your finest) tap water... what are your other options? This, my friend...
This is one of those recipes that was a result of an accident... half way through pummelling the life out of the orange and pomegranate, I realised I'd added basil instead of the thyme I had intended to. A quick taste and I had a little dance... it turns out orange, pomegranate and basil go very well!
Makes 4 short glasses
Kernels from 1 pomegranate
Juice of 2 oranges
Small handful basil leaves
- In a cocktail shaker or large glass add the pomegranate kernels (save a few kernels to garnish), orange juice and basil.
- Crush using a muddler until well squashed and combined.
- Add a little ice and place the lid on. Shake well.
- Pour through a strainer into the glasses, add some ice and top up with the sparkling water.
- Garnish with a sprig of basil and a few pomegranate kernels.