It can sometimes be difficult to get a drink other than water in a bar when you're alcohol free and don't want a sugar/chemical laden potion. It's also much nicer to hold something which slightly resembles a cocktail, or at least something a bit more fancy than tap water (if only to avoid the 'are you not drinking?' question). A follower recently inspired me to make this cucumber, lime and mint spritz. It's the perfect thing to make for a BBQ/party or order in a bar, as they usually have all of the ingredients to hand. Failing those two, just make it for yourself at home... it's totally worth it.
Makes 1 tall glass
3-inch piece cucumber
Juice of 2 limes
2 sprigs mint, leaves picked
Still or sparkling water
- Put the cucumber, lime juice and mint into a tall glass.
- Use a muddler or the end of a rolling pin to crush.
- Fill the rest of the glass with crushed ice.
- Top up with still or sparkling water.
- Pop in a straw, a sprig of mint and some cucumber slices (and some lime peel) to make it look extra fancy.
This drink will be your saviour on a hot summers day...