Like anybody, sometimes I just can't be bothered to cook. When I've had a busy few days and I'm constantly rushing from A to B, I need something that's quick, no fuss and that provides me with a good hit of nutrients.
I make these energy bars to eat when I'm on the go. They're so simple to make and work out to be a fraction of the cost of the one's you buy at the supermarket.
15 medjool dates
100g coconut oil
90g nut butter
40g hemp protein/hemp seeds
20g sesame seeds
20g chia seeds
250g pumpkin & sunflower seed mix
30g cacao nibs
- Blend the dates, coconut oil, nut butter and hemp seeds/powder in the food processor until smooth.
- Add the seeds and cacao nibs and pulse until well combined.
- Line a dish with greaseproof paper and press the mixture into the dish until compact.
- Set in the fridge for 1 hour, remove and cut into rectangles.
- Optional – wrap each bar with a strip of greaseproof to stop them sticking together. Keep in the fridge or freezer.