It seems that we are all allowed to say the C word without being glared at, now that Halloween is over and done with. The shelves are littered with Christmas gifts, food and decorations and we are in full festive swing.
Theres a lot of pressure to buy, buy, buy, but rather than spend a ton of money on presents, why not try making your own... and what better gift to give than food? Chocolate bark is one of the easiest things to make, looks really impressive and is easily adaptable - why not try mixing it up with different flavours - ginger, orange, coffee....
Makes 1 slab
75g cacao butter
35g coconut oil
3tsp maple syrup/brown rice syrup
50g cacao powder
Mixed nuts 300g
25g freeze dried raspberries (available in supermarkets)
Pinch Himalayan/sea salt
- Melt the cacao butter, coconut oil and maple syrup together in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water (on a low to medium heat).
- Add the cacao powder and stir to combine, making sure there are no lumps.
- Add the nuts and stir to coat.
- Line a roasting tray with greaseproof paper, covering the base and sides.
- Pour the chocolate nut mixture into the tray and sprinkle with the freeze-dried raspberries and salt.
- Set in the fridge for 30 minutes, or until solid
- Cut or break into pieces – they make great Christmas gifts!