This is my take on the British classic; ham, egg and chips.
2 high welfare gammon steaks
2tsp wholegrain mustard
Himalayan/sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Peel and dice the celeriac. Boil until soft.
- Whilst the celeriac is boiling, dice the leek and sauté in some olive oil on a medium heat until soft.
- Drain the cooked celeriac before mashing with a glug of olive oil, salt and pepper. Add the leek and mustard and stir to incorporate.
- Heat a frying pan on high. Add the gammon steaks and place a lid smaller than the pan directly on top of them to stop them from curling up. Cook for 3 minutes on each side.
- Poach the eggs: Bring a pan of water and a little apple cider vinegar to the boil. Reduce to a simmer before stirring the water to create a whirlpool. Crack the egg close to the surface of the water (or crack it into a cup and lower into the water).
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, so that the white is cooked but the yolk still runny.