If you were ever given hot milk and honey before bed time as a child then you will love this Turmeric Milk. It's warm and just sweet enough and very comforting. Not to mention it has great anti-inflammatory properties.
My favourite milks to use in this drink are rice, almond or coconut. I like a combination of coconut and rice milk best.
Makes 1 serve - multiply ingredients for more
1 mug of plant based milk
1/2tsp coconut oil
1tsp lucuma (optional)
Grated nutmeg and cinnamon to sprinkle on top
- Add the milk and coconut oil to a saucepan and warm gently over a low-medium heat.
- Mix the turmeric, lucuma and cinnamon to a little cold milk in the glass and stir to create a paste.
- Add a little of the warm milk from the saucepan to the paste, stir, then add back to the pan.
- Whisk the milk until it reaches drinking temperature - warm but not hot.
- Serve in a glass with a sprinkle of cinnamon and ground nutmeg.
NB: If you have a stick blender, simply add the turmeric, cinnamon and lucuma to the milk and coconut oil in the saucepan and blend to combine.
I think this drink is perfectly sweet, without adding any sweetener. If you think it needs more, then add some raw honey or maple syrup to taste, towards the end of the warming process.